Equality objectives 2020-2021
Richmond Hill school
Equality information and objectives – Information for website
Public sector equality duty act ( Updated September 2018)
The equality act of 2010 requires us to publish information that demonstrates that we have due regard for the need to-
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination , harassment, victimisation and any other conduct prohibited by the equality act 2010
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those that do not.
Richmond Hill school is a fully inclusive special school where we focus on the well-being a progress of every child and where all members of our community are of equal worth.
We believe the equality act provides a framework to support our commitment to valuing diversity, tackling discrimination, promoting equality and fostering good relationships between people. It also ensures that we continue to address issues of disadvantage and the impact this has on a young person’s life.
Our approach to equality is ensuring we meet the following key objectives
- Ensuring that all learners are treated equally
- Ensuring that we always recognise and respect difference
- We aim to foster positive r4elationships and attitudes, with a shared sense of cohesion and belonging
- We ensure we use good equality recruitment practise for all appointments, retention and development
- We seek to continue to remove and reduce inequalities and barriers that already exist
Equality information by protected characteristics can be viewed on our school SEF
Number of pupils on roll : 252
Ages – 4-11